Virtual reality (VR)
One of the latest technological innovations we have decided to deal with is virtual reality (VR). This service has an enormous potential, especially with the current healthcare situation.
But why? How could it make a difference for your business?
Let’s start from the beginning.
What is virtual reality
Virtual reality is a simulated experience, which is made in a context that can be similar or completely different from the real world. Thanks to the use of the latest technologies, those who use this service are able to be involved in a sensorial way, exploring a photorealistic world and interacting with the objects in it. The user becomes protagonist of a completely digital experience.
What are the advantages
The advantages of virtual reality are many, always depending on the field of application. Here the most common ones:
- applicable in different fields
- reduction of purchase/decision times
- reduction of geographical distances
- usable in a independent way
- fully customizable experience
- possibility to simulate any setting
- sensorial and emotional involvement of the user
- possibility of creating “visitable” product catalogs
Why it can make the difference
Especially in the current healthcare context, it is fundamental for its ability to create ad hoc virtual tours and customizable experience packages, which can be used at anytime and anywhere.
Virtual tours for real products and environments
In case of simulation of existing places or products, it is possible to create virtual tours of spaces that can normally be visited in person, for example of shops, showrooms and museums. A simple products catalog can become a much more immersive experience, giving the user the feeling of not simply leafing through a brochure but of being directly in the showroom with the entire range of products available. Thanks to the inclusion of editing commands within the platform, the user will be able to view and modify some elements or products as desired, directly during the virtual tour.
This service can be used anywhere and at anytime, but without losing the user experience. And just a click away from the user.
Virtual tours for projects and environments not yet realized
The application in contexts not yet realized in the real world has a very strong potential.
In the case of construction or for the furnishing of new environments, it is very useful to immediately realize the distribution of spaces within a project. In this case too, it is possible to insert editing options to view and customize one or more parts of the simulated environment directly during the virtual tour. It can be used for the marketing presentation of projects, as it allows not only to visualize the final product but to explore it, allowing the customer to have a 360 ° view. In this way, not only times are optimized but also the chances of making mistakes are reduced.
Devices used in support of virtual reality
They are not always necessary, it depends on the various cases and on the type of experience and immersion you want to create:
- viewer – is a device to be worn like a pair of glasses, which cancels the user’s visual reception in the real world, replacing it with that of virtual reality. It is often equipped with motion sensors, so as to match the movements of the user’s head with the equivalent change of perspective in the virtual environment
- earphones – cancel the user’s auditory reception in the real world, replacing it with that of virtual
- gloves, keyboards, mice and joysticks – depending on the type of experience you want to have, they are used to interact with the objects present in the simulated reality
Do you have any idea? Contact us for a free interview or tell us about your project here!